How much do you know about saving energy?
Hello and thanks for entering our energy saving poll. We thought you may like to know how smart you are at saving energy so here are the answers!
- What’s the average temperature of a British Home?
This is a lot warmer than in the 1970s when the average home was a fairly cool 12C
- How much do we spend each year on keeping our food and drink cold?
- What could make the biggest saving on your energy bill?
Answer: Installing insulating blinds
Installing energy saving blinds like Duette® blinds could save up to 25% on annual heating bills
- How much could you save in a year by switching all the household lightbulbs to energy saving bulbs?
- How much can you save in a year by turning your thermostat down by just 1C?
For every degree above 21°C that you set your thermostat, you pay an extra 10% on your bills
- Most heat is lost from which part of the house?
Answer: The windows
A staggering 50% of heat lost from the home is through the windows. Energy saving blinds from Duette® blinds can reduce this by almost half.